Enterprise Codeset Repository
The Enterprise Codeset Repository (“ECR”) is a master data solution that creates a centralized storage point and governance environment for the vast and complex healthcare codesets. With centralized rules, mappings, and translations that can be applied uniformly to all applications and available as software or SaaS, the ECR serves as a centralized point for disease and procedure master data and supports several codesets (ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, DRG, SNOMED, LOINC, etc.) and mappings.
In addition to addressing the most common challenges of compliance, the ECR offers numerous benefits:
- Supports transactional and analytic excellence
- Applies business rules uniformly across all processes and supporting applications
- Facilitates consistency in approach and rules when major COTS applications are sourced from multiple vendors and integrated with internally-developed applications
- Supports standard mappings while permitting overrides or extensions based upon customer, business process, function, etc.
- Can be easily updated with future changes in codesets (e.g. ICD-11) or additional value-added mappings